More Blogs

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Why I Hate Swimming

As I walked into this gaint room with the huge pool in the center, I waved goodbye to my mother, "Lisen to what your instructor has to tell you, okay?" she warned as I began to walk away. I yelled out an excited, "Yes, mom" and kept walking towards my class.
I was psyched to begin my third lesson in swim class. My only friend and I, I was a shy 6 year old, were chit chatting about our experience in swim class, "I think I'm pretty good. My mom tells me I swim like a fish" I proudly told her as we waited for the instructor. The instructor walks in and my friend turns to me with wild eyes and says "I heard we're jumping off the diving board today". I looked at her terrified and froze for a moment, I didn't have time to answer because the instructor started talking.
As we all did our regular routine I couldn't stop thinking about the diving board, "It's only our third lesson, he's not going to make us jump from there". Suddnely, the instructor put us in a line from shortest to tallest, I was near the front. He led us to the dredded diving board. "Take your time, don't be scared," He yelled up to me when my turn arrived. I stood up there for a good 5 mins, when I decided to jump I felt my adrenaline rushing through me. I prepared for impact, held my breath and splashed into the water. I paniced, so  didn't swim up I moved around in the water trying to reach the surface. A man pulled me out, "are you okay?" I just looked at him and nodded.
My mom was outside waiting for me, as I walked out I told my mom, "I'm never coming back". Sure enough, I never did go back and I never learned how to swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Stay at home mom, living the dream.