More Blogs

Friday, April 4, 2014

So Far...


Violence in the media has surprised me more than I thought it would. After doing all my research on the how the violence in the media affects teenagers, I’m shocked at the statistics I have found like, some statistics, the affects the media has had, the experiments, and more. I am not feeling very good about me paper, to be honest. It looks a bit rough, luckily this is the rough draft so  I still have some time to fix it and make it better. I feel like I am still disorganized and I jump from one thing to another without really making a connection. The major change I still need to make is organizing my thoughts better.

 I have learned a lot from my research paper. For example, the teenage rebellion began when the teens wanted to express themselves, but found nothing they could relate to. That was until rock ‘n roll was born, teens started listening to this music feeling free. In addition, the movies that came out at that time were mostly about teenage romance and fast cars. After watching the movies teenagers would come out ready to do what they watched in the movie. This was just the beginning of the teenage rebellion.

Another thing I have learned is the great increase of violence in PG-13 movie has had since the mid-80s when ratings first came out, it has tripled (McVeigh). I cannot believe that some PG-13 movies have more violence than R rated movies, it just amazes me how normal it is for us now-a-days.  It’s sad to see that violence has been confused with action; you can’t find a decent non-violent movie because apparently what the audience wants is more violence. Later on, people are complaining because their children are violent and they blame the media. No, blame the parents because they should have control over their children, it is kind of their job. Slowly, but surely in the end I will write I sucessful paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Stay at home mom, living the dream.